Qasim International Container Terminal is blessed with multimodal connectivity only few terminals can boast of.
DP World Karachi is closer to vital up-country markets from where 70% of our exports are originated. Being at a strategic location i.e. Port Qasim which is 15 kms from the National highway making it very well connected with the Hinterland through road and 14kms of railway link inside the terminal to the National railway network through 6 railway tracks is another very convenient connection to the hinterland. As 60 to 70% of imports and exports originate from the hinterland DP World Karachi is ideally suited for trade with the hinterland.
The QICT Advantage
1. QICT has the distinct advantage of being outside the city limits, away from traffic congestion.
2. Dedicated trailer parking area ((holding area to park 400 export trucks))
3. Vast area available for growth.
4. Deep draft & potential for 14.0 meters
5. Direct access to upcountry roads.
6. Textile city – 750 acres allotted in PQA.
7. 80 % of Automotive plants in Port Qasim.
Seamless connectivity into Pakistan's hinterland
1. QICT operates an off dock facility in Karachi city called the NLC Container Terminal
• The total area of the facility is 10 acres and has a capacity to handle 4000 TEUs per month.
• Facility is 2 km away from Karachi port
2. Purpose behind setting up the facility was to offer the trade accustomed to using Karachi as a clearance point, a seamless effortless product at QICT
3. QICT has the necessary customs bonds in place to carry out transportation of EXIM containers to/from QICT to/from NLC off dock
• custom clearance done at NLC off dock.
4. QICT also operates Empty container depots in Karachi city and Port Qasim for the storage and release of empty containers
• Operation 24/7, Washing and repair facilities available
• Online release orders and delivery orders